How to connect with your bank transactions in QuickBooks
QuickBooks by Intuit Inc. is widely used accounting software by businesses and individuals. The trusted software enables the user to carry out an array of accounting functions, one of which is managing their banking transactions. During the course of handling these transactions, the users may come across a series of problems, which can be resolved by calling QuickBooks support number. One of the common issues faced by them is that they user may not be able to connect with the bank for working on the downloaded transactions. The reasons could be varied; either the name may not have been selected correctly or the bank may not connect QuickBooks to all types of accounts (such as personal accounts and business accounts).
If you are coming across this problem, you can either call QuickBooks support for technical guidance or try resolving it by yourselves. Here are the steps that need to be followed:
1. Select Transactions> Banking.
2. Then click ‘Add Account’.
3. Now enter the name of your bank/financial institution and initiate the search by clicking the magnifying glass icon.
4. The search will return ‘All Matching Results’ and you have to click your bank’s name.
5. Click the link of the website of your bank at the top of the window.
6. The bank’s website will be opened up in a new window. Check that you can access your account using the website. You can do this by accessing your account summary, details and history. If you are able to do so without any error message, this means that the QuickBooks connection with the bank account is supported. If you have been able to access your account with these steps, you can log out of the website and go ahead with setup process.
On the other hand, if the bank fails to appear as a choice during the above process, you have to proceed as follows:
1. First carry out the aforementioned steps. After entering the bank name and clicking ‘Find’, a message saying ‘Sorry, we can’t find your bank’ will be returned.
2. Click the button ‘Request to add my bank’.
3. Now enter the URL of the bank website in the field, and then verify it with the bank name and your mail address.
4. Finally, click ‘Submit’.
Further, the decision of connecting with each other lies between the bank and Intuit. As a user, you will be intimated if the bank accepts to be one of the financial institutions supported by QuickBooks. In case the bank is not listed or you are unable to connect, the next alternative is to download the transactions from the website of the bank and then upload them to QuickBooks for working on them.
If you are still facing some issues or have some related queries, you can get in touch with QuickBooks online support for professional help. The number connects you with certified experts who are available round the clock to support you on all QuickBooks issues.