Solutions for ‘QuickBooks Has Stopped Working’ Error in Windows 10
QuickBooks Pro 16.0 small business accounting solution comes with free QuickBooks Online Essentials, and it’s mainly used to track financial transactions, tax, and sales reports and quickly make invoices and receive payment faster with online invoicing and expenses. This edition is fully compatible with Windows 7, 8.1 and later operating systems. However, some users have reported that QuickBooks has started showing the ‘QuickBooks Has Stopped Working’ error message once they have installed the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. If there is the same issue, either contact QuickBooks customer service to get all QuickBooks problems resolved or follow these steps to fix the problem yourself.
How to Fix Error If QuickBooks has stopped working with Windows 10:
Anniversary update compresses the QuickBooks Pro, and Enterprise functionality and the QB client will freeze if there’s Internet connection in Windows 10. Therefore, you require stopping its main company files from connecting to the Internet. It’s also possible to resolve with QuickBooks online support.
Here’s how to fix:
- Right-click the ‘Start’ menu, and choose ‘Control Panel.’ Click the Windows Firewall or type it into the search box and select it from the result list.
- ON the left navigation pane of the Windows Firewall, click the ‘Advanced Settings’ tab, followed by the ‘Outbound Rules.
- Access the Actions pane located on the right side; click the ‘New Rule’ button. Select the ‘Program’ checkbox and click the ‘Next’ button.
- Select the ‘This Program Path’ checkbox and copy the complete location underneath into the software path box:
- For Windows 10 32-bit - C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2010\QBW32.EXE.
- For Windows 10 64-bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2010\QBW32. EXE
- Click on the ‘Next’ button and choose the ‘Block the connection’ option, selected all checkboxes (Private, Public and Domain).
- Click the ‘Next’ option, rename it as the ‘Rule of QuickBooks,’ and then click the ‘Finish’ button.
If all else efforts fail and the QuickBooks is still not functioning at all, you should downgrade back to the Windows 7 operating system, or restore the PC to the earlier build of Windows 10. At such time, you can also call on the QuickBooks customer service number to get appropriate solutions.
- On your desktop, click the 'Windows start' button and open the ‘Settings’ app.
- Click the ‘Update & Security’ section and choose the ‘Recovery’ tab located on the left corner of the screen.
- Open the right side pane in the ‘Go Back to an earlier build’ section, and then click ‘Get Started.’
- Proceed to the on-screen instructions to complete the process. After finishing the procedure, open QuickBooks to make sure if the error is fixed.
Now QuickBooks Pro 16.0 should work in earlier Windows 10 build. If the problem persists or you have any functional query regarding the crash, call QuickBooks online support number without any delay to get the instant resolution and resume your work in a hassle-free manner.